This error shows up when you try to update the firmware on an Arlo camera (such Arlo Pro 2). It tells you to update the firmware but the equipment won’t update. Then the camera stops working. The full message on the screen: Firmware Update Error Code 4404.
How to fix Arlo error code 4404
There are few reasons why error code 4404 shows on an Arlo camera and it’s usually related to a glitch on software. This guide provides a solution for Arlo error code 4404. Follow the tips listed below:
- Pull the battery out from the camera and re-insert it. Wait 1 minute and see if the update goes through. If the battery is a replacement, make sure to buy Arlo certified batteries. Most of the times, this simple procedure will fix the error 4404 issue.
- Power cycle the camera and the Base Station. To reboot your base station, unplug the power adapter from the outlet, wait 2 minutes and reconnect the power adapter to the outlet. Usually it takes two minutes for the base station to start up. When the power LED and Internet LED light solid green, your base station is connected to the Internet.
- Don’t do a manual firmware update, simply wait for the automatic firmware update, which happens between 3-5 AM. It has been reported that most of the time the Arlo error code 4404 gets fixed when the camera gets automatically updated by the manufacturer.
- Make sure your cameras have full signal strength to complete a firmware update. Turn off the WiFi and then turn on again.
- Ensure that your internet is stable and that you’re not having signal interruptions.
Close the Arlo app on the phone and start it again. Make sure the app and phone as well are updated to the latest versions.
- If still no solution, ask for support from the Arlo team. Provide them with the camera’s model and serial number.