The Auto Maintain feature is supported by many IP cameras and you utilize it to improve the reliability of your camera. This feature allows the security camera to automatically overwrite or stop the recording of new footage retained on the microSD card.
To enable and deploy the Auto Maintain feature follow the procedure listed below:
Step 1. Log in to the web interface of your camera on a laptop or computer. Use Internet Explorer and when you see the login screen enter your username and password.
Step 2. In the web interface, navigate to Setup > Storage > Record Control.
The feature you see on the screen are explained below:
- Pack Duration: This allows you to set the length (in minutes) of each file.
- Pre-event Record: Here you can specify how many seconds before an event should be recorded.
- Disk Full: This dropdown box allows the user to set what the camera should do when the disk is full. There are only two options provided: Overwrite or Stop.
- Record Mode: Here you can set the recording mode. The options are Auto, Manual, and Off.
- Record Stream: This dropdown box allows the user to specify which stream to record. The options are mainstream and sub stream. The mainstream is the highest quality, while the sub stream is usually used for remote viewing (since it’s faster).
Step 3. To set your device to automatically overwrite existing data when the microSD card is full, select Overwrite in the Disk Full option. If you would like the device to stop recording when it is full, then select Stop.
Step 4. To reset to default settings, click the Reset Defaults button. To refresh the page, click the Refresh button. To save the settings, click the Save button at the end of the page.
This guide is valid for Dahua IP camera, logo one, or rebranded OEMs. It may work with other manufacturers as well, the logic and the steps are similar.