Is your Axis camera LED unexpectedly flashing red and orange? In this guide, we will show how to fix this issue quickly.
When the LED lights on the Axis camera are flashing red and orange, it indicates an issue with the camera’s connectivity. In other words, the camera is powered up but there’s no communication going through.
The Red and Orange LED lights are flashing because there’s no data being transmitted and this is caused (usually) by a faulty network cable or a bad connector on the camera side or PoE switch.
You need to inspect the cabling and connector and ensure there’s nothing defective or loose. As a matter of fact, a quick solution is to replace the cable or try a different port in the switch.
Once you do so, the LED light will turn green which indicates that the connection is established correctly. (You can check for UTP cables on Amazon).
Also, inspect the connectors and make sure the pins are not damaged or burned out. Sometimes the water may go inside and shorten the connection. If so, you need to re-do the connectors.
If you’re using a wireless Axis camera:
- See if the camera connects when using a network cable.
- Move the camera closer to the route or access point.
- Check wireless settings on the camera’s web interface.
- Verify that the router or access point is broadcasting properly. Try to open up the same pages using your phone/laptop.
- Make sure the router supports wireless protocols 802.11A/B/G/N.
Axis camera status LED error indications
Below we’ve listed the meaning of Axis LED error indicators. The amber color looks orange as well. So, amber and orange denote the same things
Amber/off flash: Host or net unreachable. Possible causes include the following:
- No connection to the router.
- No DHCP server.
- User not logged in to the Internet.
- The ISP only has a limited number of IP addresses available.
Amber/off flashes: DNS error. A possible cause is that DNS has not been set by DHCP or manual IP configuration. It also means “Connection timed out”.
Amber/green flash: Connection refused. Connection reset.
Solid green: Camera connected