This article will show you how to backup recorded video off of a Dahua DVR or NVR (Dahua surveillance systems) using a USB drive (stick). This is procedure is for local backup via physical recorder, the files will be stored on USB stick. To use this procedure you need to have ready: a FAT32 USB flash drive or any FAT32 USB storage (most of the commonly sold USB drives are FAT32), a monitor connected to your Dahua NVR or DVR, and a USB mouse to navigate thru the interface. In case you need a USB stick, check out this link.
1. Login to your recorder using your username and password. Go to Main Menu and then click Backup.
2. Plug in a USB device such as a flash drive in to one of the USB ports of the recorder.
3. A few seconds later a pop up will show up on the screen, select “File Backup”.
4. Select “Browse”, select folder to save the footage file in or create a new folder.
5. Select “Type” such as Alarm or MD (Motion Detect). This is the type of the recordings that you want to backup. If you’re not sure, then select All.
6. Select “Start Time” and “End Time”. Here you need to set the start of the timeframe and the end of the timeframe that you intend to backup. Let’s say you want to back from yesterday, 1pm to 2pm.
7. Select “Channel” (the camera number you intend to backup), then “Add” to add what you have selected. What you added will be displayed on a list form.
8. Select “Start” to start the backup procedure.
9. Wait until you see this message: “Successful backup”. Unplug the USB drive from the recorder.