Bosch IP security cameras are a reliable solution for security systems. If you’re wondering what’s Bosch IP camera default password and username, then read this article.
To cut it short, for Bosch old models IP security cameras, the default username is service and the default password is service (everything lower case). Some models of Bosch CCTV camera use default username Dinion and the default password empty (leave it blank).
However, if the camera is the latest generation, there’s no default password for the camera, you need to create one the first time the camera turns on.
Bosch Default Password
Bosch CCTV security cameras default username and password:
- username: Dinion and password: blank (leave it empty)
- username: service and password service
- username: Admin and password: blank (leave it empty)
- new generation of Bosch cameras: no default password, the user has to create one
All Bosch IP video devices come with three built-in user accounts:
- live: This standard user account only allows access to live video streaming.
- user: This more advanced user account allows access to live and recorded video, and camera controls like PTZ control. This account does not allow access to configuration settings.
- service: This administrator account provides access to all device menus and configuration settings.
As we mentioned earlier, by default there are no passwords assigned to any of the user accounts of Bosch IP security cameras. Password assignment is a critical step in protecting any network device. It is strongly advised that passwords are assigned to all installed network video devices.
The following are some best practices when implementing password protection:
- Passwords should be between 8 and 12 charters in length.
- Passwords should contain both upper and lower case letters.
- Passwords should contain at least one special character.
- Passwords should contain at least one digit
If any of the default passwords isn’t working or you forgot yours, then you can reset the camera by pushing the reset button for about 7 seconds. Or you can reset the NVR by removing the battery on the mainboard.