These steps will show you how to view your Dahua cameras via your smartphone. The app used is made by Dahua and it’s called: iDMSS (for iOS) and gDMSS (for Android). This app allows your to view the cameras via your phone using the P2P technology, which means there’s no need to do any configurations on your router or modem.
The first thing you need to do: make sure your Dahua recorder is connected to the internet and make sure the P2P is enabled. If you see “Connect Success”, then you’re all good to follow the steps.
There are a few versions of the phone app, install the app on your phone and then see what interface your app has. Then you can follow the instructions matching your app’s interface.
Instructions for iDMSS/gDMSS version 4.50.000
1. Run iDMSS/gDMSS on the phone, and select the home icon located on the top left corner.
2. Select the “Device” button/icon on the bottom to add the recorder/camera.
3. Select the “+” sign then select “Scan” to add the device.
4. Select the “Wired Camera”. Point the camera to the P2P icon and scan it (first picture on this article).
5. Name your camera or recorder, let’s say “home”. Enter the username and the password of your Dahua recorder/cameras. Select the save icon located on the top right corner.
Instructions iDMSS/gDMSS version 4.20.000
1. Select the Menu icon.
2. Select “Device Manager” from the panel.
3. Select the Add Icon (plus sign).
4. Select “Camera”. This means all types of CCTV devices (camera, DVR, NVR).
5. Select “Wired Device”.
6. Select “P2P”.
7. Enter your info P2P number (scan it or type it manually), username and password. Tap “Start Live Preview”.
Name (nickname, simply name your system)
SN (serial number, you can either scan the QRcode or type the SN manually)
Port (will auto populate after entering the SN)
Username (Username of the recorder’s account)
Password (Password for that username)
Live Preview (Extra=Substream, MAIN= Mainstream)
Playback (Extra=Substream, MAIN= Mainstream)
Instructions for iDMSS/gDMSS version 3.50.000
1. From the home screen of the mobile application select “Camera”.
2. Select the Menu button.
3. Select Device Manager from the left panel.
4. Select the add button to add your device (the plus sign).
5. Select Wired Device.
6. Select P2P.
7. Name your device, tap the QR code to bring up QR code scanner.
With your mobile device in hand, go to your local recorder, navigate to the P2P/Easy4IP settings and scan QR code to the right hand side. You will also see the SN (Serial Number) of the recorder underneath the QR code, you may use that to manually type in the SN into the SN field of the IDMSS/GDMSS mobile app. Note: you must have P2P/Easy4IP “enabled” from the local recorder with a status that either shows “online” or “connect success”. If it says “Failed”, then check out your network connection.
8. Enter the username, password and select live preview. By selecting “Start Live Preview” the device will be automatically saved into the application.
Instructions for iDMSS/gDMSS version 3.40.003
1. Open your app and click “Camera”.
2. Select the Menu Icon.
3. Select “Device Manager” from the left panel.
4. Select the Add Icon (plus sign).
5. Select “P2P”.
6. Choose a name for the device, scan the QR code for SN number which you can access from the physical recorder under the Main Menu > Settings > Network > P2P. You may enter the SN number manually which can also be found under the recorder. Enter Username and Password.
7. Select the Disk Icon to save then click Select Live Preview. After this the app will show up all the cameras.