This guide will explain the meaning of the Dahua Live Feeds icons, which are the icons that you see on the screen when live viewing your cameras. It’s very important to know the syntax of your surveillance security system.
|1.||Recording status||3.||Video Loss|
|2.||Motion detection||4.||Camera Lock|
- This icon shows the recording status, it means that the camera is recording. If you set your recorder on continuous mode (recording non stop) you’ll see the green camera icon on display all the time. If you set it on motion recording, it will pop up when the motion is detected.
- This is the icon of the motion being detected. If you see this one on your screen it means the camera detected motion. However it doesn’t mean that is recording. If you see the green camera (icon 1) and the motion icon at the same it means that the DVR/NVR is recording.
- This is the video loss icon. In simple words it’s an indicator that the camera is not sending any feed at the recorder. Maybe the camera is dead, the wire is cut, oor the power line broken.
- The lock means that your account is not authorized to view that particular camera.
Preview drag: If you want to change the position of channel 1 and channel 2 when you are previewing, you can left-click mouse in the channel 1 and then drag to channel 2, release the mouse you can switch channel 1 and channel 2 positions.
Use the mouse middle button to control window split: You can use the mouse middle button to switch the window split amount.
Dahua Navigation Bar
Once the navigation bar is enabled, click at the middle bottom of the background to call out the function.
- Main menu, Click to go to the main menu interface.
- Click to select screen 2, you can view an interface shown as figure 2. It is a navigation bar for screen2.
- Click any screen split mode, HDMI2 screen can display corresponding screens. Note: This function is for 2 HDMI model only. Screen 2 function is null if tour is in process, Please disable tour function first.
- Click button to enable tour, the icon becomes , you can see the tour is in process.
- Click , system goes to the PTZ control interface.
- Click , system goes to the Color interface.
- Click button , system goes to Search interface.
- Click button , system goes to Alarm status interface.
- Click button , system goes to the Channel Information setup interface
- Click button, system goes to the remote device interface.
- Click button, system goes to the network interface. It is to set network IP address, default gateway and etc.
- Click button, system goes to the HDD manage interface
- Click button, system goes to the USB manage interface
How to Turn on the Navigation Bar in Dahua NVR or DVR?
Open the main menu, navigate to Settings > System > General and tick the red box to enable the navigation bar.
Using the navigation bar, users can do some quick operations.
Preview or Control Bar in Dahua Recorders
Move the mouse to the top center of the video of thecurrent channel, the control bar will show up.
- Realtime Play: It is to replay the previous 5-60 minutes record of current channel. Main menu->Setting->General to reset real-time playback time.
- Zoom: Click the button and select an interested region to view the zoomed in image, or just point the cursor to the interested point and scroll up and down.
- Remote Device: Click it to go to the remote device interface to add/delete remote device or view its
- Realtime Backup: It is to backup the video of current channel to the USB device. Click button , system begins recording. Click it again, system stops recording.
- Audio Talk: Click the button to enable the bidirectional talk function, which will cancel bidirectional talk of other IP channels temporarily.
Note: this guide works for Dahua and their OEMs sold under these brands: Activecam, Advidia, Amcrest, Ameta, Ascendent, Backstreet Surveillance, BV Security, CCTV Security Pros, CCTV Star, CP Plus (Orange Line), Dax Networks, eLine, ENS (formerly Eastern CCTV and SavvyTech), Expose, Lorex, GSS, Honeywell, IC Realtime, Ikegami, Impath Networks, Inaxsys, IndigoVision, Infinity CCTV, Innekt, Intelbras, KBVision, Lumixen, Maxron, Montavue, Oco, Optiview, Rhodium, RVI, Saxco, Security Camera King (Elite), Space Technology, Speco, ToughDog, Tyco Holis, Tyco Illustra Essentials, Unisight, VIP Vision, Watchnet, Winic, Zuum.