The SADP tool (Search Active Device Protocol) detects Hikvision devices (DVR, NVR, IP camera) on the local area network and facilitates device activation and basic network settings modification of one or more devices at once.
SADP provides four methods for resetting a forgotten password including the newly added GUID Mode and Security Question Mode. SADP is an excellent tool for activating and troubleshooting Hikvision network devices.
Download SADP Tool (for Windows or Mac)
- Download SADP for Windows (from Hikvision website, from our google drive link).
- Download SADP for Mac (from Hikvision website, from our google drive link).
- Manual for SADP (SADP Tool User Guide).
Note: If the download links don’t work, try to use Mozilla Firefox.
- SADP is a basic software tool for finding Hikvision devices on your network.
- It scans your network and looks for devices by MAC address – all manufacturers have a MAC address convention they can recognize as their own.
- It will produce a table showing those devices.
- One device per row in that table.
- If you tick the box to the left of the row for any device, it will populate the fly-out at the right with the settings for that device – you can edit them there.
- It allows you within that row to see lots of information about the device e.g. full serial number, current firmware version, IP addresses, etc.
- By default SADP opens in a small pop-up view – you’ll need to maximize it to full-screen size to see all the info without a lot of sideways scrolling.
- It lets you activate and set a password for your Hikvision devices.
- It lets you enter your router’s IP address so that your device can join the network (Hikvision refer to your router as a ‘gateway’).
- It lets you either use DHCP to give your Hikvision device a valid IP address or set a fixed IP address of your choosing.
- If you need to reset the password for a Hikvision device that does not have a physical reset button, then you will need to use SADP’s ‘forgot password’ feature to export a file that you send to your supplier. They will in turn send this to Hikvision Technical Support and obtain a password reset file for you to import via SADP. Please note that when doing this – your device must remain powered-on from start to completion.
- It will not show cameras that are directly connected to your NVR – only those devices on the same network as your PC (within the same domain range).
- The manual for this SADP software tool is attached below.