The Hikvision offline(0x1007) error shows when you try to view your Hikvision surveillance system/IP cameras via the P2P method (Hik-Connect). The P2P Hik-Connect procedure is explained in this article. Technically the offline(0x1007) error means that the Hikvision NVR or DVR is not able to communicate with the Hikvision server via P2P. To solve this issue and to bring your Hikvision recorder online you should try the following fixes:
1. Make sure the Hikvision DVR/NVR is connected to the network (internet). Check whether the cables are plugged in correctly. Check whether the Ethernet port at the back of your recorder is blinking properly.
2. Make sure you don’t have an IP conflict, sometimes your recorder shares the same IP with other devices in your network. You can enable the DHCP function on network settings of your recorder. When the DHCP is checked, it means the router will assign an IP to your recorder. If you need to use your own IP address (manual), make sure it’s available.
3. Under Configuration > Network > General uncheck “Enable DNS DHCP” and manually enter 22.214.171.124 in the “Preferred DNS Server” and 126.96.36.199 in the “Alternate DNS Server” box. Apply and Save the settings.
4. Make sure your Hikvision NVR/DVR is updated to the latest firmware. If you get the message “No new versions are detected”, it doesn’t mean that the firmware is on the latest version. This feature doesn’t work properly on Hikvision machines. You need to get the firmware from the Hikvision and apply it to your recorder.
5. Update your router.
6. Reboot the router (this is a must).
7. Reboot your DVR/NVR.