To fix the Hikvision error code 0x1007 and bring the Hik-Connect status from offline to online, you need to ensure that your DVR has the correct network configuration and DNS servers.
The Hikvision offline(0x1007) error shows when you try to view your Hikvision surveillance system/IP cameras via the P2P method (Hik-Connect). The P2P Hik-Connect procedure is explained in this article.
Hikvision error code offline(0x1007)
Technically the offline(0x1007) error means that the Hikvision NVR or DVR is not able to communicate with the Hikvision server via P2P. To solve this issue and to bring your Hikvision recorder online you should try the following fixes:
- Make sure the Hikvision DVR/NVR is connected to the network (internet). Check whether the cables are plugged incorrectly. Check whether the Ethernet port at the back of your recorder is blinking properly.
- Make sure you don’t have an IP conflict, sometimes your recorder shares the same IP with other devices in your network. You can enable the DHCP function on the network settings of your recorder. When the DHCP is checked, it means the router will assign an IP to your recorder. If you need to use your own IP address (manual), make sure it’s available.
- Go to Configuration > Network > General. Set the DNS server settings manually (uncheck Auto DNS). On the “Preferred DNS Server” type 220.127.116.11 and on the “Alternate DNS Server” box enter 18.104.22.168. Apply and Save the settings.
- If you want to assign your own IP address, make sure the Gateway and the Subnet mask are set properly (following your router settings).
- Make sure your Hikvision NVR/DVR is updated to the latest firmware. If you get the message “No new versions are detected”, it doesn’t mean that the firmware is on the latest version. This feature doesn’t work properly on Hikvision machines. Contact Hikvision or the official reseller/dealer to get the right firmware. It has been reported that some firmware versions contain a bug that causes the offline error 0x1007.
- Update your router’s firmware (if there’s a new one).
- Reboot the router (this is a must).
- Reboot your DVR/NVR.
Note: The error code offline(0x1007) shows up on Hik-Connect, iVMS-4500, and other third-party apps such as Guarding Vision.