In this guide we will show how to connect and view your TVT security cameras on your Android phone, iPhone, tablet or even TV monitor. The TVT is a popular brand that is often rebranded by other companies, sometimes it’s sold under the H.264 DVR brand.
Once you add the cameras on the app, you can see the live view, playback, backup the footage on the phone, get notifications and perform other security settings. Follow the next steps to set up the TVT security system on your phone.
How to view TVT cameras on phone (Android, iPhone) or TV
Step 1. Connect a TV or monitor to the DVR. We need the monitor in order to access the DVR directly and perform other settings. Obviously, this is also the way you can view the cameras directly on the TV.
Use a VGA or HDMI cable, connect one side to the back of the DVR (look up for the VGA or HDMI port). The other end goes to the back of the TV. Using the remote, select the right input source and you should be able to see DVR’s interface.
Step 2. Connect the DVR to the internet. Using an Ethernet cable connect the recorder to your router or switch. Basically, in order to view the cameras on the phone, you need to expose your recorder to the internet. 2
Step 3. Configure the DVR’s network settings. This step can be done directly via the DVR (one the connected monitor and using a mouse to navigate around). Or you can access the DVR via a laptop by typing its IP address on the Internet Explorer browser (install the plugin if prompted).
Hit the configuration tab and then Network. Here we have to set a static IP address. Untick the “Obtain an IP address automatically” box and check the “use the following IP address”.
For example you can use the settings below. We assume that your router’s address is 192.168.1.1. If not sure check the router’s settings or inquire with your ISP.
- IP address: 192.168.1.7
- Subnet mask: 255.255.255.000
- Gateway: 192.168.1.1
- Alternate DNS Server: 192.168.1.1
- HTTP port: 80
- Server port: 6036
Click “Apply” to save the settings. The DVR will automatically reboot which is an indication that the modified settings are being applied.
Step 4. Open the ports in the router. This procedure is called port forward and varies from router to router. The idea is to open the DVR’s http and server port (80, 6036).
Access your router via the laptop, enter the router’s username and password and locate the port forwarding section. If you can’t find it, google your router’s model followed by “port forwarding”.
Once you’ve locate the port forwarding section, click “Add New” and enter the following new entry: there and put the following by adding new entry:
- Port: 80 (this the http port)
- IP address: 192.168.1.7 (DVR’s IP address)
- Protocol: All (both UDP and TCP)
- Leave the other options on default.
Save the settings. Redo the same settings again (create new entry) for port 6036. When you’re done, check if the ports are open.
Step 5. Last step is to connect the DVR to your Android phone, iPhone or tablet. To do so you need to use an app. Go to the App Store or Play Store and install one of these apps: Super Live Pro, Super Live HD, Super Live Plus, etc. See which one is available for your phone.
Open the app and add a new device. The settings for our example should be:
- IP address: XX.xx.XX.xxx:80 (this is the external address of the network where the DVR is located. If you don’t know yours, go to google and type “what’s my IP address. The IP address is followed by the HTTP port (previously port forwarded. An example: 220.127.116.11:80.
- Username (ID): admin (this is the DVR’s username)
- Password: The DVR’s password
Click save and then “Start Live View”. If everything is correct, you should be able to see your cameras on your phone.
Can’t see the cameras on the phone?
- Make sure the DVR is connected to the internet. Check the cable.
- Check if the ports are open correctly. Both the http and server port should show open when tested.
- Ensure that you’re using the right app. Consult with the seller which app you should use for your DVR.
- Update the phone app and the DVR’s firmware to the latest version.
- Make sure you’re using the right external IP address on the phone app. It should be the IP address of the network where the DVR is located. Simply go to google and type “what’s my IP address”.
- If still no luck, ask help from the seller/dealer where you purchased the DVR. They should be able to support their product.