The Lorex username error message is related to an issue with the login credentials, for many reasons the username or the password is not able to go through. The password may be incorrect or not associated with an active account in the system.
To troubleshoot a Username Error message on Lorex recorders:
- Check to ensure that you have typed the correct username. Usernames are case sensitive.
- It is possible that the administrator username has been changed. Check your records to verify if the username has been changed.
- If you have not updated your username from the default system username, check this article for the default accounts.
- Reboot the unit and the app on the phone and try again.
- Make sure the app on the phone is updated to the latest version.
- Try to factory reset your Lorex NVR or DVR.
- Contact Lorex technical support (or your seller) and they’ll provide technical help.