This article is a step-by-step guide on how to playback on iDMSS or gDMSS app (the app made by Dahua). If you have a Dahua DVR or NVR (Dahua CCTV), or any Dahua re-branded recorder, this tutorial will show you how to playback and search your CCTV footage.
Instructions for iDMSS/gDMSS ( version 3.50.000 and newer)
1. Open up your up phone app (iDMSS for iPhone/iPad, gDMSS for Android). From the home screen select “Camera”.
2. Select the Menu Icon (three lines) and then select “Playback”.
3. On the screen, click the + icon to add a device on the playback mode.
4. Choose a beginning date and time and end date and time. Try to be relatively precise.
5. Toggle on to choose record type. ( All, Regular, Alarm, and Motion Detect). Select All if you’re not sure what mode is your CCTV system set to record to.
6. Select a device from the list to playback. In this case, a device is a camera. So select a camera from the list. Once selected, the app will search your pre-set timeframe and show you the footage.
Instructions for iDMSS/gDMSS (version 3.40.003)
1. From the Live View page tap on the top left hand corner. This will bring you to the home page. On the Home page tab the Playback option.
2. In the Playback screen, tap on the first box for video. (Tap over the plus sign).
3. This will bring up the device list menu.
4. Determine and select the start time for the playback. Determine and select the ending time for the playback. Basically set your playback timeframe. After that, select your camera (from the camera list).
5. The camera will come up with the playback. Here you can maneuver the timeline to get the point that you want to watch. With the play buttons you are able to Fast forward, slow down and go the next segment of video.
Note: this guide works for Dahua and their OEMs sold under these brands: Activecam, Advidia, Amcrest, Ameta, Ascendent, Backstreet Surveillance, BV Security, CCTV Security Pros, CCTV Star, CP Plus (Orange Line), Dax Networks, eLine, ENS (formerly Eastern CCTV and SavvyTech), Expose, Lorex, GSS, Honeywell, IC Realtime, Ikegami, Impath Networks, Inaxsys, IndigoVision, Infinity CCTV, Innekt, Intelbras, KBVision, Lumixen, Maxron, Montavue, Oco, Optiview, Rhodium, RVI, Saxco, Security Camera King (Elite), Space Technology, Speco, ToughDog, Tyco Holis, Tyco Illustra Essentials, Unisight, VIP Vision, Watchnet, Winic, Zuum.