This issue happens quite often on Dahua IP cameras, you have installed the microSD card and after a few weeks or so, it doesn’t overwrite and obviously stops recording. The settings are done correctly (Disk Full to Overwrite in Record Control) and still the recording has stopped. In this article we will list a few troubleshooting tips to overcome this issue.
Tips to fix the SD card overwriting issue
- Update the firmware on the camera. This will solve this issue in 90% of the cases. Contact your dealer or Dahua and get the right firmware and upgrade your camera. Many Dahua IP cameras contain known bugs on the software that cause the SD card not to overwrite when it’s full. Usually the latest firmware has these bugs straightened out. So, simply update the firmware.
- Open up the camera and reset it factory default and try again to see if the issue persists. Read the steps how to do the reset in this article. Format the SD card.
- Perform a physical examination on the SD card, look for corrosion/rust. It might be that after a couple of months you’ll see the first symptoms if the camera wasn’t that water-tight as advertised.
- Test that the SD card is legit and works properly. There are a lot of fakes running around in the market. Buy the right microSD card.
- If none of this works, set the camera on “Auto-Reboot” feature to reboot every Sunday at night. After the reboot the issues may go away until the next reboot and so on.
This guide works for Dahua IP cameras and their OEMs sold under these brands: Activecam, Advidia, Amcrest, Ameta, Ascendent, Backstreet Surveillance, BV Security, CCTV Security Pros, CCTV Star, CP Plus (Orange Line), Dax Networks, eLine, ENS (formerly Eastern CCTV and SavvyTech), Expose, Lorex, GSS, Honeywell, IC Realtime, Ikegami, Impath Networks, Inaxsys, IndigoVision, Infinity CCTV, Innekt, Intelbras, KBVision, Lumixen, Maxron, Montavue, Oco, Optiview, Rhodium, RVI, Saxco, Security Camera King (Elite), Space Technology, Speco, ToughDog, Tyco Holis, Tyco Illustra Essentials, Unisight, VIP Vision, Watchnet, Winic, Zuum.