SuperLivePro and SuperLive Plus are apps that can be used to view your cameras on the phone. Not just live view, but you can playback, backup clips, receive notifications, alerts, adjust settings, etc.
These two apps are generally used by generic H.264 DVRs and H.265 NVRs, usually sold under no brand names (just it says there on the box “Digital Video Recorder” or “Network Video Recorder”. Sometimes the dealers/sellers label them with their own brands.
In this guide, we will explain how to easily view your security cameras on the phone using SuperLivePro or SuperLive Plus apps. The instructions are applicable and very similar regardless if you’re using iPhone, iPad, Android, or any tablet.
All you have to do is to install the app on the phone, scan the QR code and view the cameras on the phone. It’s an easy and straightforward procedure that can be done in under 5 minutes.
SuperLivePro and SuperLive Plus Main Features
These surveillance apps provide the following features:
- Real-time view of your cameras, including playback.
- Supports PTZ control operation.
- Supports 16 channel display maximum on iPad
- Supports 8 channel display maximum on iPhone.
- Audio capabilities on all channels, depending on your DVR or NVR specifications.
- Supports finger gestures to control PTZ cameras.
- Supports snapshot function and device list display.
- Supports live video and recorded video playback.
- Create and save a list of favorite cameras for quick access.
- Other settings on your fingerprints.
The app is compatible with iPhones, iPads, Android phones, and tablets.
How to set up SuperLivePro and SuperLive Plus on the phone
Before you start, ensure that your security camera system works with these apps. Check the manual or the receipts to see which app works with it. In some cases, the same system may work on multiple phone apps. If you’re not sure, check out with the seller or the manufacturer.
Note: In this example, we will set up the SuperLivePro app on an iPhone. The steps and logic for setting up SuperLive Plus are very similar. Follow the guide steps one by one.
Step 1. Go to the App Store and search for SuperLivePro or SuperLive Plus. Just type the app’s name there and it will show up on the list. Then click “Get” and wait until the app is installed on the phone.
Once the app downloads, you can either open it directly from the app store or go to the home screen and tap the SuperLivePro app icon (the icon will be automatically placed on the home screen).
Step 2. The first time the app runs, it will show and explain the main features. Swipe to the right seven times until you see the login screen. On the login screen, you can enter your DVR (or NVR) information or you can scan the QR code from the unit.
- Net Type: this one auto-fills, it can be 5G, 4G, LTE, 3G, WiFi.
- IP Address: here you can enter the local IP address (if you want to view it locally), or the external IP address. Additionally, you can enter the DDNS hostname if you have set it up. Keep in mind, the IP address or the hostname needs to be followed by the HTTP port. For example 192.168.1.100:80 or myhostname.dyndns.com:80
- Account: admin (username of the DVR)
- Password: type your recorder’s password, the default password is usually 123456
If the NAT option is enabled on the DVR/NVR you can use the QR code functionality to fill out the information of the NVR automatically. Actually, this is the way we recommend since there’s less room for error. Just scan the QR code on the unit (or via the monitor/TV on the QR Code section).
Step 3. Press the “Login” button to start watching the cameras. Once the cameras start, it will show one camera at the beginning, but you can change the view to up to 8 cameras.
Pretty much that’s it, now you can view all your cameras live, playback, and backup clips that interest you. Technically, you can view these cameras on the phone from anywhere you’re located as long as you have an internet connection (and the camera system is linked to the internet as well).
If the SuperLivePro app doesn’t work and you don’t see the cameras on the phone:
- Make sure the H.264 DVR or H.265 NVR unit is connected to the internet, check the cables, see if the internet works
- Ensure the NAT option is enabled on the recorder. This can be found in the network settings section of the recorder.
- If you entered the information manually, ensure the password is typed correctly
- Ensure the DVR or the NVR unit is up-to-date.
- Make sure the app and the phone are updated.