In this article, we will discuss and troubleshoot various issues regarding the Wyze Pan camera. Follow these tips if your Wyze Pan camera is not moving at all or is moving incorrectly/erratically.
Wyze Cam Pan is not moving
From the Wyze app, go to the Live Stream for the camera in question and wait until fully connected before continuing.
Check to see if the firmware is updated. To do this go to Account > Firmware Upgrade. Here you will be able to see if you have the newest version. You also have the option to Upgrade All if a new firmware version is available.
After the firmware is updated, tap the Back icon to return to the Live Stream of the camera in question.
Go to the Camera Settings,on the top right. Select Advanced Settings then Motor Controls.
Tap Reset that can be found under Reset Position. This will perform a motor calibration and will move the lens to a fully up position while rotating to its limit to the right, and then will reverse and move the lens to a fully down position while rotating to its limit to the left.
If Wyze Cam Pan is moving, but incorrectly
Tip 1. Restart the Wyze Cam Pan. When the Wyze Cam Pan boots up, it will re-center itself to make sure it’s getting the right view. Follow the steps below to reboot the Wyze Cam Pan:
- Open the Live Stream for the camera in question.
- Open the camera’s Settings icon in the top right corner and select the Restart Device button on the bottom.
- The camera will take a moment to reboot. After it is finished, go back to the Live Stream and see if the motor controls work as expected.
Tip 2. Clear corrupt settings. Wyze Cams store their settings locally on the camera. If there’s a brief loss in power, the camera may not even appear to go offline, but it could cause your settings to change. In these situations, use the following troubleshooting to make sure the camera’s still behaving how you want.
- Open the Live Stream for the camera in question and allow it to fully connect.
- Tap on More Options to confirm that both Pan Scan and Motion Tracking are both turned off (or set back to your preferred state).
- If both of these settings are off, please open the camera’s Settings icon in the top right corner and navigate to the Detection Settings.
- Tap on Detection Zone and confirm that your Detection Zone is toggled off.