It happens quite often that your Zosi security camera system shows the message “IPC disconnected” or “Server not found” on the screen. In this guide we show how to fix the IPC disconnected issue on Zosi NVRs.
As you can imagine, this issue means the security cameras are disconnected or not being able to transmit their video feed to the recorder. Additionally, the ZOsi “Server not found” issue may indicate that the internet is not working on the location or the port forwarding link is broken.
How to fix Zosi “IPC disconnected” or “Server not found” issue
Follow the tips below to fix this issue on your Zosi camera system:
1. Unplug the IP security camera from the power outlet, wait for a while, then re-plug the camera back to the power source. Wait a few minutes and see if the error is fixed. Usually, this simple trick will fix the “IPC disconnected” or “Server not found issue”.
2. Cover the camera lens with your hands and see if the camera’s infrared lights turn on. If the infrared lights turn on, it means the camera is getting powered.
If no, it indicates that the camera doesn’t even get powered on. Maybe the camera is dead, or the power supply that powers the camera has gone back. First thing is to check the wiring and the power adapter. Make sure they work properly.
3. Reboot the NVR and try again. Another tip is to completely power cycle your NVR, IP cameras, switch and router. Wait until they’re all online and try again to see if the issue is solved.
4. Update the firmware on the NVR and the cameras itself. Usually the CCTV software contains a lot of bugs that later on get fixed. Make sure your equipment is updated to the latest release. Additionally, update the firmware on your router and ensure that the phone app is the latest one.
5. If the issue still persists, contact Zosi technical team for support. To run things faster, right click your NVR’s mouse, then click Device Manager, take a picture and email to Zosi. That tab contains all the information they need to know.