Arecont cameras or recorders do not have not have a default password, you need to set one up the first time you run the Arecont camera or recorder. So, the Arecont default username is admin and there’s no default password.
The security equipment manufactured by this company are sold under various brand names such as Arecont, Arecont Vision, AV Costar, AV or Contera.
By default, Arecont cameras, recorders or access units support two types of users with the following names:
- admin and no password. This account has full access to all camera settings and the video.
- viewer and no password. This account has viewing access to all the current camera settings and the video.
Setting and removing the passwords is the privilege of the admin user, while the viewer can only use the existing password (which the user sets up), but not change it.
If you lost the Arecont password, you can try to reset the camera. Keep in mind, the Arecont devices can be reset through the reprogramming of the camera’s firmware, or by accessing the camera’s registers via developers’ register access from camera’s software.
However, this may be very complicated. Simply contact the reseller or the manufacturer and they’ll help you reset the forgotten password. That’s the fastest way.
If you know the password, you can factory reset the Arecont camera to iron out any errors or malfunctions. Follow these steps:
- Access the camera’s web interface by typing the IP in your web browser.
- Under the Administration or System tab, click on Restore to Factory Default.
- Once the camera reboots, all settings on the camera will be restored to factory default