While Hanwha recorders are highly reliable and efficient, there may be instances where you encounter issues or bugs that require a reset of your unit. Sometimes the user forgets the password which means the installer has to reset it and create a new one.
In this guide, we will provide you with detailed instructions on how to reset the password of your Hanwha NVR, also including troubleshooting tips.
Reset Password for Hanwha NVR
The following steps apply to the ARN, QRN, XRN, PRN, and HRX series recorders. Should you forget the credentials for your Hanwha NVR, the steps outlined below will allow you to default the credential system without losing the NVR’s configuration settings.
Step 1. Connect a monitor and a mouse directly to the recorder. Verify that the display is functioning correctly and shows the recorder screen.
Step 2. Locate the Reset Switch. Look for a small opening (as shown outlined with a red circle on the screenshot below).
Note that the exact location of the reset switch may vary depending on the model, but it is usually visible on the panel.
Engage the reset switch, follow these steps:
- Using a small wire or paperclip, gently insert it into the opening.
- Apply light pressure until you feel a soft click. Avoid using excessive force, as it may cause damage.
- Hold the button for approximately 5 seconds until a message appears indicating the option to enter a new password.
Then you’ll see a window asking for a new password. Utilize the mouse and on-screen keyboard to input your desired new password. Follow the prompts on the screen to confirm and save the new password.
How to factory reset a Hanwha camera
In certain scenarios, you may encounter a locked-out or unresponsive Hanwha camera due to unknown credentials or unwanted configuration settings.
The section below provides step-by-step instructions for resetting your camera using the reset button, as well as resetting via the Web UI to remove problematic wanted configurations.
Please note that the reset button process will wipe all information, so it should only be used when no other options are available.
Factory Resetting the Hanwha Camera via the Reset Button
Locate the Reset Button:
- Refer to your camera’s manual for detailed information on the reset button’s location, as it may vary depending on the model.
- The reset button is typically recessed and colored either blue or white.
Perform the Reset:
- Ensure the camera is powered on (not during bootup).
- Depress the reset button for 5 seconds.
- Release the reset button, and the camera will reboot automatically.
Reconfigure Camera Settings:
- After the camera reboots, open your web browser and enter the camera’s IP address in the URL bar.
- Press Enter.
- Enter new credentials for the camera and click Apply.
- Log into the camera using your new credentials.
- Note that this process will reset all camera settings, including the IP address (which will default to 192.168.1.100).
Note: No recorded information on the Micro SD cards will be lost. But third-party applications in the Open Platform section will be removed by this process.
Factory Resetting via the Web interface
Access the Camera’s Web GUI:
- Open your web browser and enter the camera’s IP address in the URL bar. Press Enter.
- Enter your credentials to log into the camera.
- If you do not know the credentials, you will need to reset the device physically at the camera. Click on the provided link for instructions.
Navigate to the System Settings:
- Click on the gear icon located at the center top of the interface.
- On the left-hand sidebar, select the “System” option.
Perform the Reset:
- Under the System menu, select “Upgrade Restart.”
- Click the Reset button.
You can choose to default the camera completely or retain the IP information, by checking the Except Network Parameter & Open Platform box shown below, this option can retain open platform applications on certain models.
Resetting and reconfiguring your Hanwha camera is a straightforward process that can help resolve issues related to unknown credentials or unwanted configurations.
By following the step-by-step instructions provided, you can reset your camera either through the reset button or the Web GUI.
After resetting, you can log into the camera using new credentials and configure the settings according to your requirements.