This guide shows the procedure to connect a DVR or NVR to the XMeye phone app. Once you do that, you can see the cameras via XMeye app. There are many un-branded or rebranded recorders that use this app. If yours uses the XMeye app, then read this article on how to view your cameras on the phone.
For example, one the manufacturers that uses the XMeye app is ANNKE. This company offers various product lines of NVRs or DVRs, one of them, called XM, uses the XMeye app (the rest don’t). You can view the cameras on the phone using the XMeye phone app on these Annke models:
ANNKE DH81NK, ANNKE DH41NK, ANNKE DM21O, ANNKE DM31O, ANNKE DL81A, ANNKE DH81S, ANNKE DH81NG, ANNKE DN81NB, ANNKE DM41G, ANNKE DN41CJ, ANNKE DN81BJ, ANNKE DN61EC, ANNKE DG81W, ANNKE DG61X, ANNKE DG41T, ANNKE DT81DQ, ANNKE DT41DC, ANNKE DT61ER, ANNKE DG41BE, ANNKE DG81BE.
How to view cameras on XMeye app
First of all, install the XMeye app on your smartphone or tablet. Go to Google Store or App Store and search for “XMeye”, agree to the terms and have it installed on your device.
Once the app is installed, follow the steps below to connect your DVR or NVR to the XMeye phone app.
Step 1. Run the app and then tap on the Local Login button.
Step 2. In this step you need to add your DVR or NVR on the XMeye app. Click the plus button at the top right to add the security camera system.
Step 3. Enter your DVR/NVR credentials. Make sure the information is typed correctly.
- The name can be anything, doesn’t matter, just type something. For example “MyHouse”.
- Enter the serial number for your recorder. There are many ways to find the serial number of your recorder:
– Go to Main Menu > Info > Version and locate the SerialNo line.
– Or find the serial number when the DVR/NVR starts up for the first time. You should be able to see a QR code accompanied by the serial number.
– Additionally, you can use the camera configuration tool to find the serial number via the computer.
– Also many recorders come with the serial number on the sticker/label. Inspect it and check the Serial No line.
- Leave the http port field empty. It’s optional, simply leave it blank.
- Type the username (admin) and the password for your recorder. The default password is blank (leave it empty).
Step 4. Once you hit OK the app will search the cameras via the entered information and if everything is correct, you should be able to see all your cameras showing up on the XMeye app. A sample is shown below.
XMeye troubleshooting tips
By now you should be viewing your security camera system from your mobile device. If you are unable to connect to your system and are receiving an error message, here’s a list of settings to double-check:
- Please check the DVR or the NVR’s network status if online or not. Make sure the IP address matches your network and that the cabling is correct.
- If you did forget the DVR or NVR’s password, reset the password via the on-screen menu. You may need to email the serial number to the manufacturer/seller in order to get a reset code. Include the current timestamp (date) of the system on the email.
- If you think that the settings are correct, but still no image then ensure that the XMeye app is updated to the latest version. In some cases, you need to update the recorder as well.
- Double check the firewall settings on your router, make sure all the outgoing traffic is allowed to be transmitted.