When you install the hard drive on a Dahua NVR (or DVR) it’s necessary to format the hard drive otherwise the recorder may not be able to store the footage. Follow the steps as shown below.
1. Right click and go to Main Menu, select Storage.
2. On the left side, select HDD Manage.
3. Choose the HDD to format. In this case we have only one hard drive installed on the recorder.
4. Select Format.
5. Select “Yes” to verify whether you want to format the selected hard drive.
6. Click Apply and then Save. The recorder will reboot after the changes are made.
The correct settings of the hard drive should be:
Remain/Total: This shows the size of your hard drive.