This type of error is generated mostly by Dahua recorders (DVR, NVR) and their re-branded ones such as Lorex, Flir, Q-See etc. If you have entered the incorrect password too many times on the phone app or computer client, you will see an account is blacklisted error message.
This doesn’t mean that you’re using the wrong password, the password might be the correct one but still this error message shows and prevents you from seeing your security cameras. However, if you try the same password directly on the NVR or DVR, you’re able to access the machine. This article explains how to fix the “account it blacklisted” error.
How to fix the Account is blacklisted error message?
- Do a power cycle on the DVR or NVR. To power cycle your CCTV system, power off and disconnect the power source for approximately 60 seconds. Reconnect, and power on the recorder using the switch at the back.
- Make sure the app on the phone is updated to the latest version.
- Clear the app cache for any applicable apps on your smartphone or tablet. Check your smartphone or tablet user manual for instructions on clearing the cache.
- Uninstall the phone app or the computer software and reinstall it again.
- Restore your DVR or NVR to the default settings. Go to the Default settings on the recorder and then click Factory Default. Once the machine comes back online, go through the Startup Wizard and after that try again to see the cameras on your phone.
- If you are still receiving an Account is blacklisted error message, power cycle your DVR (or NVR) again and disconnect the Ethernet cable for 24 hours.
The “account is blacklisted” error shows up on Dahua DVRs/NVRs and its OEMs sold under these brands: Activecam, Advidia, Amcrest, Ameta, Ascendent, Backstreet Surveillance, BV Security, CCTV Security Pros, CCTV Star, CP Plus (Orange Line), Dax Networks, eLine, ENS (formerly Eastern CCTV and SavvyTech), Expose, Lorex, GSS, Honeywell, IC Realtime, Ikegami, Impath Networks, Inaxsys, IndigoVision, Infinity CCTV, Innekt, Intelbras, KBVision, Lumixen, Maxron, Montavue, Oco, Optiview, Rhodium, RVI, Saxco, Security Camera King (Elite), Space Technology, Speco, ToughDog, Tyco Holis, Tyco Illustra Essentials, Unisight, VIP Vision, Watchnet, Winic, Zuum.