Hikvision Data Transmission Error code shows up when you’re trying to view the cameras remotely on the iVMS-4500 or Hik-Connect phone app. Technically the [Data transmission error]. means that the iVMS-4500 or Hik-Connect app is temporarily not able to connect with your DVR or NVR.
Usually this error shows randomly, out of nowhere, you can see the cameras fine and a few seconds later you may get a data transmission error. It’s usually caused by an internet connection problem on your phone. This article will explain the steps you need to undertake in order to view your cameras on the phone
How to fix Hikvision Data Transmission Error
Follow these steps:
- Close the phone app and start again. Sometimes the app gets overloaded and doesn’t react properly. In this case, completely close the iVMS-4500 or Hik-Connect app on your phone, wait 1-2 minutes and open the app again. Try to see if you get the picture.
- Turn off the internet service on your phone. In many cases this trick will solve the issue. Simply turn off the WiFi or the LTE/4G service on your smartphone/tablet, wait a few seconds, turn on again and then try if you see the cameras on the app.
- Make sure that the phone app is updated to the latest version. Go to the App Store (iPhone/iPad) or Google Play Store (Android) and ensure the iVMS-4500 app or the Hik-Connect are up-to-date.
- Ensure that your phone’s software (iOS or Android) is updated.
If you’re in the same location as the Hikvison DVR or NVR and you’re getting the Data Transmission Error, try the following tips as well:
- Reboot the NVR/DVR. It’s recommended to reboot it off using the command via the local interface. If there is no other option, use the switch at the back of the recorder to power it off.
- Reboot the router in your location. Once it’s back on, try again if you see the cameras on your phone.
- Make sure your Hikvision NVR/DVR is updated to the latest firmware. If you get the message “No new versions are detected”, it doesn’t mean that the firmware is on the latest version. This feature doesn’t work properly on Hikvision machines. Contact Hikvision or the official reseller/dealer to get the right firmware.