Hikvision error 401 shows when you try to view your cameras remotely on the iVMS-4200. In many cases, you can live view the cameras on the phone, or the web browser, however they don’t show up on iVMS-4200.
The issue is mostly related to the UDP/TCP protocol and the forwarded ports on the router. The full error message is: Failed to get stream. Start reconnection. Error code HCNetSDK.dll. (No permission). Follow the steps below to fix the issue.
How to fix Hikvision error code 41 HCNetSDK.dll
- Make sure you have open three ports on the router: http, (default 80), server (default 8000) and rtsp (default 554). Sometimes if you don’t open up the rtsp port, the cameras will fail to show images on iVMS-4200.
- On the router, port forward all the Hikvision ports (mentioned above) on UDP and TCP protocol. Double check to ensure all the ports are open.
- Make sure stream encryption is turned off or box unchecked. To do so, go to the settings under Network, then Platform Access and then uncheck the box above the verification code.
- It has been reported that changing the local configuration to UDP fixes the issue. Access your Hikvision NVR/DVR or IP camera, and go to Configuration > Local. Set the protocol to UDP. Click Save. Try again if you can see the cameras.
- When you view the cameras on the iVMS-4200 software, log in with an admin account (which in the iVMS-4200 is called a Super User account). If you log in with a regular user account, you may get the error code 41.
- Make sure the Hikvision NVR/DVR and IP cameras are updated to the latest firmware. Also, use the latest version of the iVMS-4200.