This error shows on the Hikvision phone app iVMS-4500 when trying to view the cameras remotely. In a few cases you can see some of the cameras, but not all of them. On the cameras they don’t show pictures, you’ll see the error message “PlayComponentError:3”. This issue shows up mostly on Android phones.
There are many factors that contribute to this error. Try the tips below that may help you solve this issue.
1. Make sure the iVMS-4500 app is up-to-date.
2. Make sure the firmware on the camera or the recorder is up-to-date.
2. Make sure the Android version on your phone is the latest one. The PlayComponentError:3 shows primarily on phones that run on an old Android version.
3. Reboot the iVMS-4500 app (close it completely) and try it again.
4. Reboot your recorder. Or the camera itself.
5. Turn off the Hik-Connect and Save. Then turn it on again and click Save. You can find this option on your recorder’s/camera settings, under Configuration, Platform Access section.
6. Reboot the router at the location.