Swann has an array of IP security cameras and many of them can be hard reset. If you lost or forgot the password on a Swann camera, simply to a reset procedure and bring the camera to factory default settings.
Also, it’s recommended to reset the cameras if you have constant issues with their performance. Usually, once the camera is reset, many software related errors go away. In this step-by-step guide we’ve listed the reset procedure for Swann cameras.
How to reset Swann cameras
How to reset NHD series IP cameras
Applicable to these models: NHD-805, NHD-806, NHD-810, NHD-811, NHD-815, NHD-815AF, NHD-816, NHD-817, NHD-818, NHD-819.
For the cameras listed above, there is an extra cable that isn’t a connector but rather, a reset button.Steps to reset the camera:
- Disconnect the camera from the NVR (or from a PoE switch or a power adapter) to turn it off completely.
- Press and hold the reset button.
- While holding down the reset button, plug the camera back to the NVR (or to the PoE switch or a power adapter) and continue holding down the reset for 30 seconds, then release.
- After that the camera’s credentials and settings will go to factory default. Access the camera with the default password or initialize it again.
How to reset NHD-851
Step 1. Unscrew and remove the camera’s dome cover.Step 2. Disconnect and reconnect power (Ethernet cable from NVR or PoE switch to the camera), then press and hold the reset button for 10 seconds. Release the button and the camera will go to factory default settings.
How to reset NHD-8XX series IP cameras
Applicable to these models: NHD-820, NHD-830, NHD-835, NHD-850, NHD-880, NHD-881.
For most of the camera models mentioned above, there is a reset button at the back of the camera. NHD-850/880 is a different story, as mentioned on the manual, you need to unscrew the bottom cover of the camera to access the reset button.Steps to reset the camera:
- Reboot the camera by disconnecting the power source (Ethernet for PoE and power adapter for non-PoE) then plugging it back.
- Within 10 seconds of powering up the camera, press and hold the reset button for 10 seconds.
- The camera will be reset to factory settings.