If you’re wondering how to view Zosi security cameras on your phone, then read this article. Basically, in order to view or playback your cameras on your smartphone, you need to connect your Zosi View account to your DVR. The setup is easy, simply follow the steps and you’ll get it done in 5 minutes.
Before your start, make sure that:
- Your Zosi DVR (or NVR) should be connected to the internet. Plug an active Ethernet cable (so-called network cable) into the back of the DVR, and get an “OK” message when you test your internet connection in the Network section.
- You have your Zosi DVR’s information Navigate to the Information > System screen where you can find your unique Device ID and QR Code. The QR code is also available in the Setup Wizard.
- You have to install the Zosi View app on your phone and register an account. This the Zosi app to view the security cameras on your phone.
Viewing your Zosi cameras on the phone via Zosi View app
Step 1. Open the Zosi View app and log in with your Zosi View username and password. If you don’t have an account, create one on the app (read more here).
Step 2. Once you’ve logged into your Zosi View account, select the icon in the top left hand corner (a circle with three lines through it). This will reveal another menu.
Step 3. From this newly opened menu select Device Manager.
Step 4. Once you’ve opened the Device Manager screen, seen below, select the icon in the top right corner (a plus (+) sign).
Step 5. Once you’ve selected the plus (+) icon, you’ll be taken to the Add Device screen (as seen below). On the Add Device screen there are several different fields to fill out.
Adding the Device:
- Select a Name for your Zosi DVR. For example: “My Home”, “My Business”, whatever you want to name your security system. Once done typing via keyboard, tap Enter to save the changes.
- Make sure you’ve selected the Device ID option, and NOT the IP/Domain option.
- Enter the DeviceID found on your DVR. You can find the DeviceID on either the Setup Wizard, or in the Information > System screen. The DeviceID is case sensitive. You may either:
– Manually type in the characters by tapping the field and using your keyboard. OR
– Select the small blue icon at the end of the Device ID row to turn on your phone’s camera so that you’re able to scan the unique QR code found on that same screen. If you decide to scan the QR code, ensure the DeviceID in the app matches up with the DeviceID shown on the screen.
- Ensure you’ve entered the right username and password for the DVR. This is NOT your Zosi View account ID. This the username and the password that you use to directly access your DVR. If these credentials do not match up with the credentials on your DVR you will get an “Invalid Password” error. The default username is admin and there is no default password – the field is left blank. (If you’ve changed the password, then use your password).
- Select the number of channels your DVR has by selecting the proper number from the available buttons.
- Select “Add Device”.
Step 6. Once you’ve added the device, you’ll be taken back to the Device Manager screen, and should see an “Add Success” message at the bottom of your screen, as well as your DVR listed in your Device Manager.
That’s all, you have added your Zosi DVR to your Zosi View account. To view your cameras, tap the DVR to reveal the drop down menu. Android users can tap directly on the camera to view their footage. Apple users will need to check the box at the end of the row, followed by selecting “Start Preview”.